Always ask about unresolved pain.
By asking specific questions, providing counseling, and giving your patients the opportunity to make decisions, you can effectively manage this chronic disease together1-3:
ASK specific questions at every office visit
- How does your pain affect your life?
- How often are you in pain at work or school?
LISTEN for all signs and symptoms
- What kind of pain do you experience?
- Is the pain just during your period or at other times?
- Do you experience pain during sex?
FREQUENTLY reevaluate action plans
- How has your pain been since our last visit?
- How are you feeling on this treatment?
- Has your pain gotten better, or have you just grown accustomed to it?